Fast two-photon in vivo imaging and stimulation with simultaneous three-dimensional random-access scanning in multiple brain regions – Under the 7th Framework Program of the European Union
- Head of the Two-Photon Imaging Center of the Institute of Experimental Medicine
- Head of the Two-Photon Laboratory, Pázmány Péter University and Scientific
- R&D director of Femtonics Ltd.
- 1083 Budapest, Szigony street 43
- email: email@example.com
- Femtonics Kft.
- Friedrich Miescher Institute, Basel
- Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine
- University of Szeged
- Budapest University of Technology and Economics
- Proposal number: 323945
- Acronym: 3x3DImaging
- Duration of the Project: 36 months
- Strategic objective/theme: ICT-2013.9.2
The short-term perspective of the project is to provide new methods for basic research, especially in the fields of neuroscience, biology, and the pharmaceutical industry. Combined with photo stimulation, it could be implemented into high-throughput screening processes in vitro.
As a long-term goal, our platform could assist the fine-scale localization of epileptic foci, as well as micron-scale surgery in combination with simultaneous monitoring of vital activity in other brain regions.